2015 KIN Dragon Boat Festival the most successful yet
The 2015 Kids In Need Dragon Boat Festival was not just our 30th Festival – it was also our most successful festival ever.
We had a record number of team and many spectators.
This day could not be as successful without the support of so many that KIN would like to thank:
- Norm Hunt and Sue, Gold Coast Dragons, Mt Warning Dragons, Dragon Boats QLD, Tweed Dragons and the many others who helped with the boats and organisation of the day.
Thank you to all the teams who participated and the many spectators who came to give their support.
Donations and Services
- South Tweed Rotary Club for once again providing and cooking the food for the day and donating the money raised back to KIN
- Tweed Coast Protective Services for providing security all of Saturday night
- Karime Baylis for painting the 30th Anniversary KIN shirts
- St JOHNS Ambulance Service for providing 1st Aid as needed
- Inky Graphix for providing the printing and programs
- Twin Towns Community Foundation for the new KIN Shirts
- Tweed Heads Motor Cycle Enthusiasts Club for a $3000 donation
- Tweed Shire Council
- Our Major Sponsors: BIG4 North Star Holiday Resort & Caravan Park, Sutto’s Carpets, Tweed Heads Bowls Club, Tweed Coast Holiday Parks
- The many Businesses who generously donated prizes
- The Teams who took raffle books to sell this year
View the full list of Raffle Sponsors and Winners in this post.
- Kris Dinsey for the great photos
- Stacey Egan for her enthusiasm selling raffle tickets
- Lyn Brierly for collecting donations
- Bill Rodgers for updating the KIN Website continually
- Robyn, Kate and Elaine for looking after the KIN tent
The raffle was well supported and raised $9650 – a great team effort
A big thank you to all the teams who participated and to all the people who gave a helping hand on the day – together we raise Approx $25000.00. What a brilliant community effort